Saturday, September 19, 2009

prayer of st. francis


Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; injury, pardon; doubt, faith; despair, hope; darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled and to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

This prayer has been my living aspiration since I was a teen many moons ago and as my days go by I come to realize (wisdom?) that by reciting and believing in this prayer, I ask the universe to vibrate this energy unto me so I can continue to connect with you. Kind of cool. It is all about peace love compassion xo