Friday, October 30, 2009

and I feel good...


Today is the 4th day of my master cleanse. I have been following the lemonade cleanse 4 times a year for 4 years now. It is a good way to rid my toxins and get a baseline - fresh start - for myself. I have enough willpower and have mastered 21 days in the past. I try to increase it each time and do this around the equinox. This year was so hard to get going. Food just tastes better now. I know our bodies want us to put on a little more insulation to prepare for the colder months ahead, plus I am in menopause which is terrible for metabolism, and losing weight is ridiculously harder than ever. Where there is a will - there is a way - and I am determined to improve my image even though sometimes I feel like saying, 'I am just getting old, I will let myself go for awhile'. Nah - I like feeling curvy and in shape and quite frankly, if I feel good, I will look fine. Confidence is extremely important in my life so laziness has to cease.
I no longer frequent the health clubs because I am on a schedule rebellion and want to do things when I want to. I have discovered Drs. Oz and Rozein have an interesting program about real age and waist watching and I like their menus and philosophy about weight loss and healthy lifestyle. It seems realistic in that I can still drink my 2 cups of coffee and 1 glass of my beloved wine each day, if I choose, and their menu is loaded with things I eat already. So this is a good match for me so far. I am exercising again - lifting weights and walking - and have discovered the esmonde classic stretch program, which incorporates yoga, tai chi and ballet taped in exotic lands - very appropriate for this time in my life. The 50s is harder than I thought it would be. Not complaining, because I am very healthy and happy, but it is just less easy to feel good.
I have 2 weeks of menus at the ready when I am cleaned out enough but need to purchase a wok. Wayne is so excited (he has wanted one for quite sometime) and the best part of this is he wants to prepare the food with me. I'll say it again - men make the best chefs. I enjoy cooking for my family, but I really don't eat like they do, so it will be interesting to see how I manage to influence them with my new recipes. I will probably end up making food for myself and discreetly incorporate some things into their usual menus just to expose them to newer sources of nourishment. They all have great metabolisms. If you wish to join me in my new quest for better health, go for it - to life! xo