Saturday, November 7, 2009

gold class cinema


We attended the grand opening night for the new theater experience, Gold Class Cinema, at the Bolingbrook Promenade. What a treat it was! If you want to feel special go see a movie this way. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and directed to where we should check in. Since our son is a bartender here we secured complimentary tickets so this experience was even more delightful (I love freebies.) We were lead to the open lobby-type area where the server explained the process and it was duly noted that they would take our drink and food order to the theater prior to the show commencing. The restrooms have that extra special soap and lotion and they even have a family restroom just like some fitness clubs. These extra touches make the $22.00 ticket price worth every penny. Can you really put a price on feeling pampered and worth it? Upon entering the theater we were happy there were only about 34 seats so crowds were not an issue at all. We ordered the cheese and meat platter to share since I really don't like to eat during a movie, just prior, but love to sip a cocktail. The appetizers were satisfying and the drinks savory. Wayne got the Sunburst citrus drink in honor of the movie we came to see, Couples Retreat, and I got the Acai Margarita, with this very unique pepper/salt rim taste that was soooo good. The very best part were the humongous seats that were designed like lazy boys wherein they reclined so I could sit back and move around throughout the show which I always do since I am fidgety. And the very best perk was a console storage space for my purse. That did it - my biggest bother is where to put my purse and problem solved here. They even offer pillows and blankets when needed and usually I always get chilled. This place has it covered. At first I thought the price was a little too high as I like to attend the matinee shows for about $5.00 during the week when I see a movie solo, however when we attend the movies after 6:00pm it costs $13.00, so comparatively speaking, you get way more bang for your buck at this cinema. We are already making arrangements to take Steve during the week to see The Fourth Kind. I encourage everyone to experience this place. It is located in the promenade so shopping is at your fingertips and restaurants are readily available. Rosemont has a premiere cinema like this and there is another Gold Class in Barrington as well as West Virginia. The owners came in from Australia for this opening. The best part is we got to see Danny in his element as bartender. Ah, life is good! xo