Thursday, December 10, 2009

compassion



COMPASSION

Compassion is an angel
Who always gives her all,
She's there for every creature
Whether great or whether small.

At any time of day or night
Or any kind of storm,
She'll wrap her arms around your soul
To keep you safe and warm.

Compassion swells within a heart
When someone is in pain,
It softly beats a rhythm
So gentle and humane.

No matter if it's man or beast
Or what their tale of woe,
Compassion with her wings outstretched
Will help the healing grow.

Compassion has a kindness
Seen in every tender act.
So when you're kind to someone else
I tell you it's a fact...
Sometime she'll be around again
For all the angels say,
Compassion shown to others
Will be shown to you someday.


I hope you enjoyed my angel poems.  They are compiled in a book given to me when I began my journey at The Goddess Touch 10 years ago.  Somehow the premises were surrounded by angels when clients would bring gifts and I would shop at the Angel store in Lake Geneva for decorations to fill the nook and crannies.  I firmly believe angels guided me in my quest to provide comfort and love to those who walked through the doors and I offer the poems honoring  them as a token of my gratitude.  I was told that angels are readily awaiting to assist us and all we need to do is ask them.  As a little girl my favorite prayer was as follows:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commit me here.
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard,
To rule and guide.  Amen. xo