Thursday, January 28, 2010

smile


I had my clothes washer repaired since it refused to rinse and spin.  A penny was the culprit.  While the serviceman, Scott, did his thing, I picked his brain about performance.  He highly suggested the Whirlpool no-nonsense appliances.  I have a Whirlpool dryer but not the washer.  Mike has to purchase a set so now we know which one to choose.  I also learned not to over or underload the machine and never mix shirts with towels.  Use a fabric softener instead of loading the liquid stuff in the washer.  And empty all your pockets!


 More Snapple Fun Facts:

Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again

Penguins have an organ above their eyes that converts seawater to fresh water

A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle; a group of geese in the air is a skein

Ferret comes from the latin word for 'little thief'

There are more chickens than people in the world

An alligator can go through 3,000 teeth in a lifetime

Polar bears can smell a seal from 20 miles away

Buzz Aldrin was one of the first men on the moon; his mother's maiden name was also Moon

Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts

Thomas Jefferson invented the coat hanger

The human brain is about 80% water

The human jaw can generate a force up to 200 pounds on the molars

George Washington was the only unanimously elected President

If you had 1 billion dollars and spent $1,000 a day, it would take you 2,749 years to spend it all


I just have to give a shout out to Facebook.  It is one of the most ingenious facets of communication I have ever experienced.  I have been able to connect with family members and current friends as well as long lost buddies and keep updated on their comings and goings and be with them in spirit. If someone posts having a bad day I can offer encouragement in a click.  If someone shares photos of days gone by, I can smile at the joy it must have brought them when they experienced that precise moment.  I enjoy the little thoughts people have each day and and feel as if I am part of their world.  Sharing comments on my personal happenings is more fun than keeping it secret.  If I know someone has a passion for photography I can post their artistry to others who may be looking for someone to take pictures.  Networking is wonderful, and one of things I did as a massage therapist.  It was always fun to connect people with each other just because I was aware of their talents.  Mostly, I am so fond of Facebook because it provides a nice break from whatever I have to do during my day.  I like escaping to see how others are persevering in their little worlds.  I am comforted with the knowledge I have control over who is able to view my personal life with their blocking application.  Some people need to play little games to help them pass the day and others do not.  I really like the options.


Smile by Uncle Kracker

You're better than the best
I'm lucky just to linger in your light
Cooler than the flip side of my pillow, that's right
Completely unaware
Nothing can compare to where you send me,
Let's me know that it's OK, yeah it's OK
And the moments where my good times start to fade

You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed, sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head, spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

Even when you're gone somehow you come along
Just like a flower poking through the sidewalk crack and just like that
You steal away the rain and just like that

You make me smile

Don't know how I lived without you
Cause every time that I get around you
I see the best of me inside your eyes

You make me smile  xo



many thanks to Fred Casselman of earthecho.com for your fabulous artistry