Wednesday, January 13, 2010

reflections


The Earth is crammed with Heaven. Elizabeth Barrett Browning

We are wide-eyed in contemplating the possibility that life may exist elsewhere in the universe, but we wear blinders when contemplating the possibilities of life on earth. Norman Cousins

There are men and women who make the world better just by being the kind of people they are.  They have the gift of kindness or courage or loyalty or integrity.  It really matters very little whether they are behind the wheel of a truck or running a business or bringing up a family.  They teach the truth by living it. James A. Garfield

Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one. Malcolm Forbes

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. Robert Frost

I believe that order is better than chaos, creation better than destruction.  I prefer gentleness to violence, forgiveness to vendetta... I think knowledge is preferable to ignorance and I am sure human sympathy is more valuable than ideology.. And I think we should remember we are part of a great whole, for which convenience we call nature.  All living things are our brothers and sisters.  Kenneth Clark

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the source of all true art and science.  He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed.  Albert Einstein

Be open.  Don't close off the possibility of a new truth because you have been comfortable with an old one.  Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.  Neale Donald Walsh

Everything has a crack in it - that's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Humankind has not woven the web of life.  We are but one thread within it.  Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.  All things are bound together.  All things connect.  Chief Seattle

As long as habit and routine dictate the pattern of living, new dimensions of the soul will not emerge. Henry Van Dyke

There is more to life than increasing its speed.  Mahatma Ghandi

In order to seek one's own direction, one must simplify the mechanics of ordinary everyday life. Plato

Your life work is a state of Who You Are.  If it is not, then why are you doing it? Neale Donald Walsh

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end. Ursula Leguin

Many today feel a sadness we cannot name.  Though we accomplish much of what we set out to do, we sense that something is missing in our lives and -- fruitlessly -- search 'out there' for the answers.  What's often wrong is that we are disconnected from an authentic sense of self. Emily Hancock

Work is not always required.... There is such a thing as sacred idleness, the cultivation of which is now fearfully neglected. George McDonald

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.  Reinhold Neibuhr

I am a doer; constantly pursuing things to accomplish.  Today I am.  Just am.  My mind is racing with thoughts of how to improve my life and how to enhance my existence; I know I am an optimist by nature.  I pray today.  I have arrived in this new frame of mind and will just be.  I am still.  I focus on each breath and exhale my love to everyone and everything.  Life has been good to me.  My experiences and blessings have been plentiful.  I am aware of the love given to me, and withheld.  I will persevere no matter how great the challenge - and endure -  no matter how many losses I incur.  I accept the path chosen for me to follow.  I am confident life will grant me the tools to be an instrument of peace, following the prayer of St. Francis, my guide.  I pray that My God permits me to continue to illuminate those who need it most and instill in me the wisdom and perseverence to continue my quest for perfection as He sees appropriate.  My life is in His hands. My arms are open to embrace.  I offer this day and this moment for inspiration and enlightenment and encourage you to join me in this quest for oneness.  I hold you in the light with love. 
                       Thy will be done.   - robbie xo



 thanks to Lauren Trater, author of Life, for the quotations