Friday, April 2, 2010

good friday


Today is the most solemn day of the year from the standpoint of religious acknowledgments, for this is when Christ carried His cross, fell thrice, got back up and continued His destiny to die for our sins.  Anyone who saw the movie Passion of Christ would know the extreme pain and suffering He endured for us.  His sacrifice reminds me that life will always be filled with hardships, but if He could do it, so can we.  He is our inspiration for whatever comes our way.  He is the Way.  At 3:00 in the afternoon we attend a service to honor His dying for us.  Some areas re-enact His Passion. We have the Veneration of the Cross and Stations, or Way of the Cross reminding us of the 14 events surrounding His death. He did not die in vain, for Christ's actions provide all we need to be better Christians and ultimately fill our hearts with love for one another.  Thank you, Jesus. xo

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"

"Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise"

Jesus said to His mother: "Woman, this is your son"
He said to the disciple "This is your mother"

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

"I thirst"

When Jesus had received the wine, He said "It is finished"
then He bowed His head and handed over His spirit

"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit"



thanks to Dr. Ashraf Fekry - your photos of Christ are remarkable