Thursday, May 20, 2010

for steve

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.  William Jennings Bryan

Congratulations, Steve! This weekend we will celebrate many accomplishments.  You came to this earth with no baggage from past lives, just to enjoy the world and all it has to offer.  Your spirit is like the freebird, and your soul is filled with love and compassion.  The world holds many wonders for you to explore and leave your distinct mark on it.  Our family has been blessed with your presence.  You graduated from Downers South High School earlier than most, with a 3.8 GPA which includes accelerated classes the last two years.  You learned two languages, Spanish and German, and I have a feeling there is much more to come.  You attended the cosmetology school for awhile and have a fantastic skill in haircoloring.  You found your true passion in the multi-media, especially art and music.  Remember when you and Andrea were DJs on Saturday nights and I always requested The World by Five for Fighting?  And you always played it for me.  Thanks.  Then I brought shakes for your indulgence.
On our journey, we must find out where we are before we can plan the first step. Kathy Boevink

When you were little, you were so happy and carefree and everyone loved being around you.  Your tresses were so blonde for a long time.  Adolescence brought confusion and experimentation that tried to squish your vibrant essence, but you did not let it. You were wise to seek help and were blessed with many who provided same.  You excelled on the pommel horse in gymnastics and wowed us with your physical abilities.  You were so cute as a tae kwon do kid, earning your black belt at a tender age.  Your social skills keep you connected with many friends and your heart is big and beautiful.  You beat to your own drum and have a keen artistic eye.
There are no mistakes.  The events we bring on ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn.  Whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.  Richard Bach

As your journey continues, I hope you celebrate all the hurdles you have overcome.  The mistakes and sorrow will only make you stronger and guide you to become a well-rounded and wise man.  You are loved by many, but remember it is your core family that will always be your best ally.  Your brothers are your blood, and as different as you all are, you still have a common bond that will never cease. Find joy in nature and feel contented that God will always answer your prayers.  Follow your heart and do your best.  Be happy and love as you would be loved. 

I sang this song to all you boys, but you will always be my baby boy. xo

For Your Babies
You've got that look again
The one I hoped I had when I was a lass
Your face is just beaming
Your smile got me boasting, my pulse roller-coasting
Anyway the four winds that blow
They're gonna send me sailing home to you
Or I'll fly with the force of a rainbow
The dream of gold will be waiting in your eyes

You know I'd do most anything you want
Hey I, I try to give you everything you need
I can see that it gets to you

I don't believe in many things
But in you, I do

Your faith is amazing
The pain that he goes through contained in the hope for you
Your whole world has changed
The years spent before seem more cloudy than blue
In many ways your baby's controlling
When you haven't laid down for days
For the poor no time to be thinking
They're too busy finding ways

You know I'd do most anything you want
Everyday I, I try to give you anything you need
We'll always be there for you
I don't believe in many things
But in you, I do.

Simply Red