Thursday, May 6, 2010

garden at sawyer

This garden project is complete.  The rose bush has been around for over 50 years but everything else is brand new.  I brought over some tiger lilies, irises, hostas and lavender from my place and bought colorful perennials to fill in this area.  Easy maintenance, once it all takes root.  The mulch seals the weeding.
This grass was loaded with dandelions over the weekend, and new sod has been installed thanks to my boys.  I tried to get it watered everyday and hopefully tonight's rains will secure the new green stuff.  It was fun using the old-fashioned sprinkler.  I really find the soft, slow sprinklings quite soothing.
This statue of Mary watches over the home.  We spent too many hours renovating and have much more to do but it is such a nice home and Wayne's family made so many memories here.  The neighbor next door invested close to $90,000 to make his place rentable and I was able to get a tour of the new digs.  What a difference.  It gives us hope that the neighborhood could make a come back.  We'll see in a few years.

Now I look forward to hanging around my own home for awhile.  Whew! That was definitely a labor of love. xo