Friday, July 16, 2010

sogno

Sogno is Italian for dream.  Steve and I went to see Christopher Nolan's new movie, Inception.  Riveting. Captivating. Thought provoking. Truly a mind-bender.  Leonardo DiCaprio was fantastic in the primary role, but the entire cast was outstanding.  Nolan's fascination with lucid dreams was the catalyst for his 10-year creation.  It was exhilerating until the final scene where I shed a few tears as the powerful movie ended with a touching moment.  A must see, especially if you are intrigued with the concept of lucid dreams and astral projection.
Lucid dreaming is a dream in which the sleeper is aware that he/she is dreaming.  A lucid dreamer can actively participate in and manipulate imaginary experiences in the dream environment.  Lucid dreams can seem extraordinarily real and vivid, depending on the person's level of self-awareness during the dream.  Usually a lucid dreamer chooses simply to observe and not control their dreams. This type of dreaming has been researched scientifically and its existence is well established. The first step to lucid dreaming is recognizing that one is dreaming.  Lucid dreamers have clear memories of the waking world.  Meditation before sleep can improve the occurrence of a lucid dream.
An out-of-body experience is an experience that typically involves a sensation of floating outside of one's body and the feeling of leaving their bodies.  One in 10 people think they had an OBE in their lives. Astral projection is an interpretation of any form of out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of an astral being, separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it.  Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.  The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness or soul's journey or ascent is described in terms as OBE when the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her body (or dreambody) into higher realms. 
According to classical, medieval, renaissance Neoplatonist philosophy, the astral body is an intermediate body of light linking the rational soul to the physical body, and the astral plane is an intermediate world of light between Heaven and Earth composed of the spheres of the planets and stars.  These astral spheres were held to be populated by angels, demons and spirits.  A common belief is that the subtle body is attached to the physical body by means of a psychic silver cord.  The final chapter of the Biblical Book of Ecclesiastes is often cited in this respect ...before the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be shattered at the fountain, or the wheel be broken at the cistern...Paul's second letter to the Corinthians, Ch. 2, v. 2 refers to the astral planes...I know a man in Christ, 14 years ago (whether in the body, I know not, or out of body, I know not, God knows) such a one caught up to the third Heaven.
While dreaming, we can receive a divine answer to a question by meditating before sleep.  A dream question is the practice of divination whereby a person attains a prophetic state.  Perhaps this is why we were taught to say our nightly prayers, offering gratitude for daily blessings and taking time to beseech God for answers to our prayers.  I have made a ritual of lying supine (face up) on my bed and breathing slowly while clearing my chakras and affirming everyone to be blessed to their higher good and holding them in the light with love.  This could be done during the day, taking respite from chores and resting for a short while (my dogs know this as rosary and follow me on the bed.)  This practice is especially profound when applied right before sleeping for the night.  I have been privy to numerous astral projections, out-of-body experiences, flying and saving people, visitations by people who are departed and those still living have interacted with me in my lucid dreams.  I always vividly remember the experiences.  I particularly like the feeling of flying and know what it feels like while conscious.   If I wish to get an answer to a situation, or am perplexed or bewildered, I ask my guardian angels, Metatron and Sara, and spirit guides, to provide the proper direction.  I tend to receive my answers sometime during my waking hours; then out of nowhere, while driving, cooking or gardening, I will know how to proceed with my situation.  I encourage you to try this, for in dreams and in love, there are no impossibilities.

Dreaming Wide Awake
Lizz Wright

My eyes burn
I have seen the glory of a brighter sun
My heart aches
It has felt the peace of perfect love
My mind fails
As I try to recall the bliss of a glorious day
When I was sleeping, eyes wide open
Dreaming wide awake

Who are you, stranger
To come here, and answer all my prayers?
Where are you from, angel?
You saved my life and disappeared
How do I find you?
Will you come when I need you?
I'd love to be sleeping, eyes wide open
Dreaming wide awake

Sogni d'oro (sweet dreams) xo