Sunday, July 11, 2010

solar eclipse

We will experience a total solar eclipse today.  This can be seen near New Zealand, southern Chile and Argentina and will last 5 minutes 20 seconds.  The next time a total solar eclipse will occur will be November 2012 visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific.  Remember when we were little and we made boxes with pinholes to be able to view this occurrence? 
I shared how eclipses affect our lives in detail last week, but focused on the lunar aspect of them.  Most of the information pertains to both lunar and solar, but I will specify the solar portion today.  A solar eclipse occurs when the moon stands between the Sun and the Earth, cutting off the light of the Sun.  A solar eclipse is always a new moon and in astrology tends to mark new beginnings.  An eclipse of the Sun will more likely focus you on a prominent male in your life.  Solar eclipses work somewhat differently than lunar eclipses, and emphasize beginnings - that is why they are so exciting. Most of the time they make us happy!  Occasionally something may end, too, but the accent will be more on the start than the finish.  The changes could come gradually or suddenly.  The news or timing of those changes often comes as a surprise.  Although most solar eclipses are almost always positive, if they form hard angles to other planets, the effect on you can be jarring and difficult.
Eclipses do mark major life events that make us value the good parts of life even more.   You may suddenly be expecting a baby, buy or sell a house, start a new business, get a major promotion or new client, meet someone or get engaged.  You may come in to a lot of money or sign a business deal, acquire a new pet, or find a new love.  Eclipses often change the status of a situation and are capable of helping you in a positive way, such as to help you find a partner or be asked to interview for a big position.  The luck you uncover can be the change in status you will receive.  Eclipses show us capabilities and strengths that surprise us.

Today is a perfect time to affirm all positivity in your life.  Your desires and faith in yourself will move mountains, for the universe is ready to help you accomplish these things.  Kick off a health program (Dr. Oz has a great one), take a yoga class or nature walk, organize your desk or files, give yourself a makeover.  This is the time to do something nice and positive for you.  Be your best and believe.

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My sunny one shines so sincere,
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you brought my way.
You gave me your all and all.
Now I feel ten feet tall.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the truth you let me see.
Sunny, thank you for the facts from a to c.
My life was torn like a windblown sand,
And the rock was formed when you held my hand.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the smile upon your face.
Sunny, thank you for the gleam that shows it's grace.
You're my spark of nature's fire,
You're my sweet complete desire.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

this song always reminds me of Uncle Bill xo