Friday, October 8, 2010

i am woman

I am strong

We have been blessed with fabulous weather and I stay outdoors as long as possible.  Last night we enjoyed a play featuring my cousin, Brittney, at the Joliet Junior College.  Her talent knows no bounds and her natural acting ability will bring her accolades galore.  It was nice seeing members of the Girtman/Lutz family.  Today I tended my garden, went to the grocery store, dropped off clothes at the cleaners, paid some bills, went to the bank, cleaned the house, did the laundry - before 10:00am.
I am invincible

Then I gave both dogs a very much needed bath, took them for a long walk, washed two vehicles, inside and out, prepared a delightful spaghetti dinner, baked some sugar cookies - all this with a broken phalange.  I am learning from Aunt Diane -  my inspiration.
I am woman

Now I will indulge in a nice glass of black currant wine while I take a hot bubble bath in lavender suds and wait for my honey to arrive home for a romantic evening together.  This is a day in the life of a domestic goddess.  Life is good.  And so I share. Thank God for all these blessings.  Have a beautiful weekend.   xo


There are no little things.  "Little things" are the hinges of the universe.  Fanny Fern

If you can learn from hard knocks, you can also learn from soft touches. Carolyn Kenmore

The soul is here for its own joy.  Rumi

Then she knew that whatever power she might have had was...wasted and gone.  Rebecca Harding Davis

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  George Eliot

The blessings for which we hunger are not found in other places or people.  These gifts can only be given to you by yourself.  They are at home in the hearth of your soul.   John O'Donohue