Thursday, January 27, 2011

cupcakes



Today is a perfect day to clean the stove and fridge ~ and bake cupcakes!  The snow is falling providing the perfect incentive to stay indoors and do something creative, hence, I am baking red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with lots of love.  I am into the colors red and pink lately; I wonder why?  Red is a power color; pink for spiritual.  I must purchase some flowers with these colors very soon.

I can't get an oldie but goodie out of my mind; my cousin, Cindy, shared this morning, the 1965 Lesley Gore song "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows."  What a blast from the past.  I am still feeling the warm fuzzies this song keeps providing.  It's amazing what a simple thing like an old tune can trigger.  I'll hang on to this one for awhile. 

As I nested yesterday (or better yet, hibernated) I happened to finally view the movie Temple Grandin.  I sat glued with my mouth open most of the time at the fabulous and heart warming story of this amazing woman.  Claire Danes portrayed her beautifully and I hope she secures more awards for her efforts.  This portrayal of Temple Grandin's journey with autism filled my heart with so much love and compassion that when it ended I couldn't stop crying.  My whole body was wracked with emotion.  The most profound message is in the truth that "we are different, but not less."  This will stay with me for a long time to come.   

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful ~  is what I feel when we're together
Brighter than a lucky penny
When you are near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
And I feel so fine ~  just to know that you are mine.

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows
Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way
When you are in love to stay.

xo