Friday, June 17, 2011

happy uncles day


U.N.C.L.E.  (Latin, avunculus:  little grandfather.)  Family relative or kinship, the brother or brother-in-law of a parent.

It has come to my attention that my nephew, Robert (a.k.a. Bobby Stone), dubbed the day prior to Father's Day as Uncle's Day.  This has become a day to celebrate all the uncles who pitched in to give their support in our upbringing by just being cooler than cool.  What a grand idea!


I not only call you uncle,
I call you friend.


My uncle is a special man,
Always helping all he can.
He takes time to listen to me,
Whatever my gripes might be.

Other times we just hang out,
And I learn what life is all about.
My uncle is very special ~
I love him a whole lot, too...

Because my uncle is wonderful,
my uncle is YOU!

xo

ps.  Dan and Steve ~ happy uncle's day